Answers to the Same Shit Everyone Asks Every Year
The start location is always disclosed on this site and on Twitter the night before. It is always somewhere in the five boroughs of NYC. For now, that’s all you get.
Follow santacon on Twitter. To get Santa’s tweets straight to your phone (recommended), text “follow santacon” to 40404 and follow the prompts.
10 am, sharp. Don’t miss Christmas!
Yes. Any type of costume!
I am too paranoid/confused/dumb to donate online. Elves will be on hand to collect cash donations at the start point but do it online its just easier on us.
How do I get my “Santa Badge”?
Once you’ve donated, you will receive a confirmation from PayPal and an email explaining where and when you can pick up your Badge. Santa will send you VIP updates about your perks as the event draws near.
What happened to the food drive? It was a pain in Santa’s big red ass, so it’s been discontinued. Santa now helps feed hungry New Yorkers by donating cold, hard cash. Donate to Santa’s charities HERE.
- Proof of online donation, or $10 cash for the charity drive.
- Additional cash for bar stops and snacks. SANTA STOPS DO NOT ACCEPT CREDIT CARDS.
- At least a $10 Metrocard.
- Gifts, games, props, and performances to entertain Santas and strangers alike
- Comfy walking shoes and layers to keep you warm from the North Pole to the Stripper Pole (leave the stilettos at home, Sexy Santa, or you’ll be Sad Santa by the end of the day).
- Your jolly fucking Christmas spirit
What shouldn’t I bring?
- Open containers of alcohol. You WILL be arrested, and Santa can’t bail you out
- Your douchebag friends who start fights, fuck shit up, or troll (merry and bright friends are welcome).
- Your fake ID. This is NYC and bars can spot that shit
- Trash to leave around
- A crappy, trashy or Grinch-like attitude.
- Your Inhibitions to take part and be Santa!
What can I do to prepare?
- Save up $10 for Charity
- Make a costume, warm with layers for the cold streets and the Hot Dancefloor!
- Sign up for Santa’s tweets by texting “follow santacon” to 40404.
- Read Stories From Santacon for ideas and inspiration.
- Print out or download the Dirty Carol Book.
- If you’re not familiar with NYC, get a subway map.
- Charge your phone.
- Get a good night’s sleep and eat a big breakfast.
- Know your limits and pace yourself. If you plan to drink, do so responsibly. Plan to keep an eye on your friends.
Santas-in-training are welcome to join the festivities, but will not be allowed in bars.
Santa could tell you, but then Santa would have to kill you. Part of the fun of Santacon is never quite knowing where the jolly horde will go next! P.S.- SANTA DOESN’T JUST GO TO BARS.
If your venue is along Santa’s route and you are willing to donate a portion of your proceeds to charity, then YES! Fill out Santa’s venue owner form and an elf will get back to you
Have a question that isn’t answered here? E-mail email@example.com