Frequently Asked Questions
A.K.A. the same shit everyone asks every year
Where Does it Start?
The start location is always disclosed on this site and on Twitter the week before. It is always somewhere in the five boroughs of NYC.
For now, that’s all you get.
How do I get my “Santa Badge”?
Once you’ve donated, you will receive a confirmation from Eventbrite. An email explaining where and when you can pick up your Badge. Santa will send you VIP updates about your perks leading up to the event.
Do I really need to wear a costume?
Yes. Any type of costume!
I am too paranoid/confused/dumb to donate online. How can I donate?
You can donate in cash at the venues but do it online its quicker and easier on us.
What SHOULD I bring?
- Proof of online donation & Vaccination, or cash at the door for the charity drive.
- Additional cash for bar stops and snacks.
- A Metrocard.
- Gifts, games, props, and performances to entertain Santas and strangers alike.
- Comfy walking shoes and layers to keep you warm from the North Pole to the Stripper Pole (leave the stilettos at home, Sexy Santa, or you’ll be Sad Santa by the end of the day).
- Your jolly f***ing Christmas spirit.
What should I NOT bring?
- Open containers of alcohol. You WILL be arrested, and Santa can’t bail you out
- Your douchebag friends who start fights, f*** s*** up, or troll (merry and bright friends are welcome).
- Your fake ID. & Vax Cards This is NYC and bars can spot that shit.
- Trash to leave around
- A crappy, trashy or Grinch-like attitude.
- Your Inhibitions to take part and be Santa!
What can I do to prepare?
- Save up $ for the charity
- Make a costume, warm with layers for the cold streets and the Hot Dancefloor!
- Sign up for Santa’s tweets following @Santacon.
- Read Stories From Santacon for ideas and inspiration.
- If you’re not familiar with NYC, get a subway map.
- Charge your phone.
- Get a good night’s sleep and eat a big breakfast.
- Know your limits and pace yourself. If you plan to drink, do so responsibly. Plan to keep an eye on your friends.
I’m under 21. Can I come
Santas-in-training are welcome to join the festivities, but will not be allowed in bars.
What bars and stuff are we going to?
Santa could tell you, but then Santa would have to kill you. Part of the fun of Santacon is never quite knowing where the jolly horde will go next! P.S.- SANTA DOESN’T JUST GO TO BARS.
I own a bar. Can I host Santa?
If your venue is along Santa’s route and you are willing to donate a portion of your proceeds to charity, then YES! CLICK HERE to fill out Santa’s venue owner form and an elf will get back to you.
What happened to the food drive?
It was a pain in Santa’s big red ass, so it’s been discontinued. Santa now helps feed hungry New Yorkers by donating cold, hard cash. Donate to Santa’s charities HERE.
Who’s running this sleigh, anyway?